The institute has an all-embracing function, including professional development training, promotion of action research, and pedagogy-oriented consultation. The Institute seeks to achieve its goals via the following actions:
- Training of faculty in the university in the full spectrum of the art and science of education.
- Providing expert support for innovation in course development, delivery, and assessments in the higher education context.
- Supporting the development of leadership skills in higher education nationally, regionally, and internationally.
- Advancing educational knowledge and practice by offering funding opportunities for action/classroom research and scholarly activities.
- Developing mechanisms for sustainable academic programs aimed at supporting the university’s transformative agenda.
- Working towards becoming a hub for excellence in higher education leadership, policies, and research in the country, regionally and globally.